- Remember that RhythmBrain is designed for the adult and child to work together - especially while the child is learning to pronounce the words accurately and exactly in rhythm.
- Open the file you wish to use. (Start with the example near the bottom of this page.)
- Help your child practice saying the names of the images on the second page of the unit. Remember to practice them in rhythm.
- When all participants have a reasonable level of comfort with the names of the images on page 2, click on the "Play" button. Remember that the activity is the goal. Accuracy will come with repetitions.
- After the count-off (1-2-3-4), both adult and child say the names of the images in time with the animated program. There is another count-off after every page of images.
- Remember that improving rhythm perception and performance improves brain functioning. So model accurate rhythm of the image names for your child as you do these units together. Don't stop when someone makes an error. Every page is another opportunity to improve.
- Have fun and help your child have fun. Be patient as the child learns the names of some new images, becomes more verbally fluent, and learns rhythm accuracy by immitating your performance. Again - Don't stop because of mistakes.
Requires the Flash plugin. If the plugin is already installed, click here.